When kids sports start up each season I go into survival mode. It’s so tough to run everybody here, there and everywhere and still get dinner on the table. I find we eat fast food more often simply because I haven’t planned in advance.
This season I’m dusting off my crockpot and planning ahead. I’m putting meals together while my kids are at school to have them ready when we get home from practice. For practice tonight I have some of this yummy, Slow Cooker Pumpkin Turkey Chili simmering away. It’s making my house smell amazing!
So if you are stressing about how to get dinner on the table this sports season or if you are looking for a yummy new slow cooker recipe, try this Pumpkin Turkey Chili. Just a few simple ingredients already in your pantry and a couple hours in the slow cooker and you are done! Plus, it’s easy to reheat for leftovers. Here’s the recipe:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14.5oz)
- 1 pumpkin (15oz)
- 1 can chili beans (15oz)
- 1 can seasoned black beans (15oz)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 ½ tablespoons chili powder
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Once oil is hot, add ground turkey and chopped onion.
- Continue to cook until ground turkey is crumbly and no longer pink, and then drain and discard any fat.
- Transfer cooked turkey and onions to a slow cooker and stir in all remaining ingredients.
- Set crock pot to the low heat setting.
- Cover and cook for 3 hours.
If you need a side dish and have a couple minutes to throw something in the oven, try our favorite Sweet Cornbread recipe! It’s delish and the perfect companion to a bowl full of Slow Cooker Pumpkin Turkey Chili!