A Strawberry Oatmeal Smoothie is a great way to enjoy a Blend-and-Go Breakfast or Snack! Using the rolled oats and greek yogurt you get a good bit of protein to help keep you full ll morning. The berries give it a little sweetness but if it’s not sweet enough for your taste, you can always add a touch of honey.
Substitute any berry you like, fresh or frozen. We have a bunch of strawberries left over from earlier this summer so I’ve been making straight strawberry quite a bit. But now that blueberries and raspberries are coming down in price, I’ll add some fo those in a have a yummy mixed berry smoothie.
Some people don’t care for the dryness of the rolled oats. Even though you blend them up and they get mixed in, they give the smoothie a texture. If you find you don’t love it the first time, try soaking your 1/2 cup of oats overnight in the 1/2 cup of milk. It softens them and makes the smoothie a bit more smooth. Personally I love them as is.
As your kiddos head back to school, whip up a batch of smoothies to start the day. They are simple, quick and very yummy!
- 1 C. Fresh Strawberries cut into chunks (you can also use frozen)
- ½ C. Skim Milk (you can also substitute almond milk)
- ½ C. Rolled Oats (blend in a food processor or blender – I like to do larger batches beforehand and have it ready to use)
- 8 oz. Plain Greek Yogurt
- Blend all ingredients in a blender or food processor and serve immediately.
- Makes (2) 8oz. servings. Serve immediately.
Looking for more healthy ways to start this day? Be sure to Follow me on Pinterest! My Breakfast Ideas board has more great foodie inspiration!