Waffles are the ultimate breakfast food! These Banana Waffles are quick & easy and can be made with almond milk if you prefer a Vegan version. With the banana mixed into the batter the flavor is fantastic and you get little nugget bits here and there of banana. Top with Maple Syrup and enjoy!
This morning I made this recipe with Gluten Free Bisquick and made pancakes instead of waffles. They were delicious! I added a dash of cinnamon and a splash of pure vanilla extract to the batter and used the Coconut Oil for cooking. My 20 month old and I devoured them!
- 2 cups Bisquick Healthy Heart mix
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 1-1/3 cups Almond Milk
- 1-2 ripe Bananas
- Maple Syrup
- Let the almond milk rest on the counter for 10 to 15 minutes before combining with Bisquick.
- Mix in the coconut oil and mashed banana.
- Use one to two bananas depending on their size and how much natural banana flavor you would like them to have.
- Grease the waffle iron with coconut oil and turn to medium.
- Cook until the indicator tells you they should be done.
- Enjoy right away topped with fresh slices of banana, coconut oil, pure maple syrup or cinnamon. Or save for later-they are great cold!
- Tip: if your bananas aren’t quite ripe enough you can peel them and put them in the microwave for a few seconds. That will simulate the aging process and give you great banana flavor.
- Top with Maple Syrup.
Looking for more breakfast recipes? Follow me on Pinterest! Our Breakfast Ideas board has delicious inspiration for your most important meal!