This Perfect Homemade Granola is so easy and inexpensive to make! No longer will you have to justify $3 – $6 a bag/box for granola at the store. Use a few simple ingredients that you most likely have in your pantry. Then mix, bake and add to your favorite yogurt, oatmeal or pack as a summer snack.
How yummy would this be with dried peaches or bananas? YUM!
- 4 C. Rolled Oats (old fashioned, not quick cooking)
- 1 ½ C. Chopped Nuts (I used walnuts, almonds and pecans) – you can use any that you have on hand.
- 4 Tbs. Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp. Nutmeg
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- ⅓ C. Honey
- ⅓ C. Vegetable Oil
- ¾ C. Dried Fruit (optional – I did not use)
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine all the dry ingredients and mix well.
- In a small separate bowl, combine the oil, honey and vanilla extract mixing well.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and mix well completely coating the oats, and nuts.
- Pour the mixture out onto a non-greased baking sheet and spread evenly. Bake 30-40 minutes, stirring every 5-10 minutes so it doesn't burn.
- *Makes approximately 6 cups of granola. Store in an airtight container 2-3 weeks.
Looking for more inspiration? Follow me on Pinterest and check out my Breakfast Board. It’s chock-full of fabulous recipes to get your day off to a great start!