RECIPE: Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Author: Shellie Deringer - SavingWithShellie.com
- 4 tbsp shortening
- 4 tbsp butter, softened
- ½ cup white granulated sugar
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ⅔ cup coconut flour
- ⅓ cup cornstarch
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cornstarch. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together the butter, shortening, and sugar.
- Add the vanilla extract and eggs.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Fold in chocolate chips using a spoon or plastic spatula.
- Chill dough in refrigerator for 5 minutes.
- Roll into cookie dough and press down on the cookie (you want it to look like a cookie because they will not spread out like regular cookies).
- Bake for 9 minutes.
- Store in refrigerator up to 7 days.