Blueberry Crumble is the perfect dessert for a backyard BBQ! With blueberries in season now and fairly inexpensive, it’s the perfect time to make this yummy summer dessert. Plus, using a box of cake mix makes them a breeze to put together.
I just love the flavor combination of lemon and blueberry. They are are fantastic together, so fresh and crisp and perfect for a hot summer day. Serve in jelly jars. You can prep and bake ahead of time. Remove the lids and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!
- 1 box of Lemon Cake Mix (any brand)
- 1 stick of Butter, softened
- 3 pints of Fresh Blueberries
- 2-3 Tbs. of Sugar (optional)
- 10 jelly jars (4 oz.)
- Non-Stick Spray
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray jelly jars with non-stick spray.
- In a medium sized bowl use a large fork or a pastry cutter to cut the lemon cake mix and the stick of softened butter together. The mixture will be soft and crumbly. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mash blueberries using a potato masher (you could also use a blender or food processor). Once your blueberries are mashed you can add a few tablespoons of sugar if you wish (this is optional) and set aside.
- Using a Tablespoon, scoop 2 Tablespoons of the crumb mixture into the bottom of each jelly jar and gently press down with your fingers.
- Next, scoop 2 Tablespoons of blueberries into the jars on top of the crust.
- Use the remaining crumb mixture as a topping and add 1-2 tbs. on top of the fruit.
- Bake 20-25 minutes. The crust will turn golden brown.
- *Makes approximately 10 servings. 1 jar = 1 serving.
- Store with the lids on, up to 1 week in the fridge.
Looking for more drool-worthy dessert inspiration? Follow me on Pinterest and check out my Desserts Board. You’ll find all kinds of yummy cookies, pies, cakes and more.