Chocolate Easter Truffles are a fantastic treat! Make them ahead of time and package as gifts or make a tray and serve with your Easter meal. Dipping and sprinkling the truffles would be a great way to get the kids involved in helping with the festivities!
You can pre-make/roll out the truffles a day or two ahead of time then just warm the chocolate to dip and have a bowl or two of sprinkles ready for the kids to decorate them with. Happy Easter!
- 1 package of Oreo cookies, finely crushed (I used a food processor but you could also use a rolling pin with the cookies in a ziploc type bag)
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
- Wilton Chocolate Candy Melts
- Spring/Easter Sprinkles
- Combine the crushed Oreos with the cream cheese. A food processor or a hand mixer comes in very handy for this part.
- When the Oreos and cream cheese are combined, roll the mixture into 1” balls and place on a cookie sheet. Let sit in the fridge for 45 minutes to an hour so they harden up.
- In a microwave safe bowl heat the Wilton candy melts stirring in 30 second increments until melted completely. Let cool 1-2 minutes.
- Using 2 spoons, dip the hardened truffles into the chocolate one at a time and coat completely with chocolate.
- Lay truffles on wax paper or a foil lined cookie sheet.
- Add sprinkles.
- Let harden (about 30 minutes). To speed up the hardening process you can also place in the fridge for about 15 minutes.
- Serve right away or store in an airtight container for up to 1 week in the fridge or 3-4 days at room temperature.
- You can also freeze them in an airtight container or Ziploc type freezer bag for 2-3 months. Let thaw in the fridge once you are ready to serve them.