I just love summertime and all the patriotic holidays we have: Memorial Day, July Fourth, Labor Day. Well, Labor Day may not be the most patriotic but it’s always fun to break out the red,white and blue. Summertime is also wonderful because of all the yummy fruits in season! If you are looking for a way to to get festive without all the calories I’ve got a good one for you today!
Cool down and hydrate with this refreshing Blueberry Strawberry Infused Water. Not only do strawberries and blueberries taste delicious but, they are rich in antioxidants! I love that it gives plain water a little something extra. It just tastes fabulous and so refreshing. Serve in mason jars with a stripey straw for a festive touch. I also think it looks gorgeous in a pitcher or drink dispenser. Give it a try!
- 4 - ½ Pint canning jars
- 1 Cup of fresh Blueberries
- 1 Cup of fresh Strawberries
- Sweetener (optional)
- Add ¼ cup of fresh berries to the bottom of each ½ pint jar and mash them up a bit using a spoon. I cut my strawberries in chunks prior to adding them to my jar – doing this will release the berries flavor into your water.
- When your berries are mashed simply fill jars with water.
- Refrigerate overnight for maximum flavor.
- *½ pint jar = 1 serving
- **If you're opting to use a larger pint size jar simply double the fruit ingredients.
Looking for more Summer Drink Inspiration? Follow me on Pinterest and check out my Summertime Drinks board for some cool, crisp drinks to try!