If you have healthier eating goals for the New Year, one of the best things you can do for your body is to eat breakfast. It kick starts that metabolism and gives you energy to start a new day. If you are looking for some breakfast ideas try out this Asparagus & Ham Frittata.
It’s packed with asparagus and broccoli to give you extra vitamins and nutrients. The ham and eggs make it filling and curb hunger all the way to lunchtime. This is also a great way to use up leftover ingredients you have in your fridge. Just toss them on in!
- 7 large eggs
- ½ cup water
- 1-2 cups chopped ham
- 4 larger slices of bread, cubed
- ½ onion chopped
- 1 small crown of organic broccoli
- 4-8 pieces of asparagus chopped into ⅓ inch pieces
- ¼ to ¾ cup of a sharp cheese, we used an Irish cheddar
- 2-4 tablespoons of olive oil or butter
- Scramble the eggs and water together thoroughly in a larger mixing bowl or measuring cup, then let rest.
- Pre heat the oven to 385 degrees.
- Using a bit of olive oil and a large pan, sauté the onions, broccoli stock, asparagus, and ham together until tender.
- Toss in the bread cubes and let toast up a little bit before placing the cheese on top of the mixture.
- With the heat on medium low add butter or olive oil around the wide wall of the pan.
- Slowly pour the egg mixture over the contents of the pan, being sure to pour it over all of the bread pieces.
- Cover and let cook for about 5 minutes.
- Place in the oven covered and cook for about 25 to 35 minutes.
- The wide range on the cook time depends on how hot your oven runs and how wet to dry you might like your eggs. If you would like to make sure the eggs are on the drier side leave it in the oven until the entire frittata has puffed or risen up (think of bread), it should be done at this time. The frittata will deflate after a minute or two of being out of the oven-don’t worry its done and will be fantastic!