Black bean and corn salsa is a summertime staple in our house. It’s easy to make. Healthy, fresh and loaded with flavor. Eat it with chips or eat it as a salad for lunch. I also love to stir it into some white rice for a protein-packed meatless dinner.
For different flavors you can add avocado, cilantro or even diced jalapeños. Sometimes I’ll add all three! I also like to keep it simple with just the black beans, corn and tomatoes. Then instead of using onion I’ll swap in some jicama. This makes the salsa so crisp and gives it a slight sweetness.
Here’s the basic recipe and you can add in any extras you like:
- 15 ounces Black Beans (drained)
- 2 cups whole Kernel Corn (frozen or canned)
- 1 large Tomato, diced
- 1 small Onion, diced
- 2 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- Cilantro Leaves (optional)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, gently mix all of the ingredients together. Make sure to unthaw your corn first if using frozen, everything used should be room temperature.
- Serve with tortilla chips as a salsa or use to top cooked chicken or other meals you want a fresh, healthy topping on.
Like I said above, this salad is a staple in our house in the summertime. I almost always have a bowl of it in the fridge and we eat it all the time.
If you are looking for more yummy salads and appetizers, check out some of my other recent posts:
- Buffalo Chicken Salad
- Creamy Jalapeno Ranch Dip
- Chickpea Salad in a Jar
- Fresh Macaroni Salad
- 20 Amazing Appetizers
For more great salsa inspiration, check out my Salsa Board on Pinterest. You’ll get some great ideas for all kinds of delicious salsas and salad recipes!