There’s nothing better than a decadent square of Hot Chocolate Fudge. Try this easy, homemade recipe you can make in the microwave!
There is something about fudge that brings back memories of childhood. Grabbing a little square to sink your teeth into while everyone around you visits and catches up on life. So rich and yummy, those little squares disappeared fast!
Fudge is usually served around Christmas. You would never know that it’s this easy to make since it’s only served once or twice a year! When you were a kid did you get to stand by the stove and stir? Maybe get to mix in the nuts and dip your finger in to taste test? Well this Hot Chocolate Fudge recipe is even easier than the fudge recipes of your childhood because you can make it in the microwave! I love easy recipes like this during the busy holiday season!
This recipe combines the best of Hot Chocolate and Fudge and has a few twists that make it richer than the average fudge recipe. First, start with a packet of hot cocoa mix to extra chocolate of flavor. Then kick up the sweetness with some sweetened condensed milk. Finally add semi-sweet chocolate chips and a surprise dash of Nutmeg! Nutmeg gives it an earthy note that’s unexpected.
- 1 package instant hot chocolate (or 3 Tbsp)
- 1 tsp of nutmeg
- 1 can sweet condensed milk
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Line a 9x9 pan with parchment paper
- Mix hot chocolate mix and nutmeg with a can of sweet condensed milk. Stir until dissolved.
- Stir in two cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Microwave in sixty-second intervals, stirring in between, until the chips are completely melted.
- Pour the chocolate into the pan.
- Gently press marshmallows into the chocolate.
- Refrigerate until firm. (about 2 hours)
- Cut into small squares and store in an air tight container.
I prefer to use either the Godiva Hot Cocoa Mix or the Ghirardelli. They box have a really rich chocolate flavor that helps give the fudge a little something extra. I can typically find the Ghirardelli at my local grocery store and the Godiva is often on sale at Amazon.
And if you can’t get enough hot cocoa, don’t miss these Hot Cocoa Cookies. They’re delish!
And this Maple Hot Cocoa Recipe is the perfect thing for a cold day!