Who says hot chocolate is only acceptable for winter months? This maple hot cocoa recipe is perfect for those crisp mornings and cool nights that we have in Spring and Fall. Of course you can enjoy it in the winter but don’t think for one second that hot cocoa can only be enjoyed fire side.
I love this simple recipe and the lovely decadence the maple syrup gives the hot cocoa. Whip some up on Saturday morning for breakfast. You won’t be sorry.
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 teaspoon Maple Syrup
- Warm Water or Milk
- Marshmallows, Whipped Cream, Caramel (optional)
- Fill a mug with warm water or milk.
- Add in the sugar, cocoa powder, salt, and maple syrup and stir well until all ingredients have dissolved into the liquid.
- Enjoy warm or top with marshmallow, whipped cream, or other fun toppings for a special treat.
- This recipe makes one glass, to make a bulk mixture you can follow this recipe:
- 6 cups Milk or Water
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon and 1 teaspoon Cocoa Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon and 1 teaspoon Maple Syrup
- Mix all ingredients together on the stovetop and stir until warm and all ingredients have dissolved into the liquid.
- This bulk recipe will make enjoy to serve 4.