What’s the Skinny on Price Matching? That was a recurring question in the SWS Holiday Survey. You asked everything from “How can I price match?” and “What stores offer price matching?” to “Does anyone offer price matching on Black Friday?” Well, I’ve rounded up the price matching policies for the big stores to help you navigate price matching and get the best deals this holiday.
Everyday Ad Match
- If you find a lower advertised price on an identical product, Walmart will match it right at the register.
- This policy honors competitors’ ads that feature a specific item for a specified price.
- Walmart announced yesterday that Everyday Ad Match applies on Thanksgiving and Black Friday but you will need the competitors printed ad. If you find an identical item featured in a competitor’s ad, bring the ad on Thanksgivng night and Walmart will match it at the register.
- Everyday Ad Match does not include online retailers or online prices. It only includes local competitor’s printed ads.
Christmas Ad Match
- If you buy an item at Walmart and find a lower price. Bring your receipt and the competitor’s print ad to Customer Service. They will give you the difference on a Walmart gift card.
- This also applies to purchases made at Walmart.com. If you find a lower price, email [email protected] Give them your order confirmation number as well as the competitor item price, the name of the retailer, the store zip code, the ad date range and the page number featuring the item within the ad. They will send you a Walmart eGift Card for the difference which can be used in-store or online.
- Christmas Ad match does not apply to items on Thanksgiving or Black Friday. You can not have earlier purchased items adjusted to those prices and you can not have those prices adjusted later if you find a better price.
- Christmas Ad Match does not include online retailers or online prices. It only includes local competitor’s printed ads and you must have a copy of the ad.
- Read more about Christmas Ad Match on Walmart.com
Target stores always offer price matching. However, they made a few updates for the Holiday season.
- You can price match online prices at Target. The online competitors are limited to Amazon, Walmart, Best Buy and Toys R Us.
- The original ad is required. If you are matching an online price, you can show the price on your mobile device.
- The price must be valid the date requesting the match. If matching an online price, the item must be in stock on the competitor’s website.
- You can price match up to 7 days after your purchase and you must have your receipt.
- Target will not price match any products between November 28 and December 2 or from December 22 to December 26.
- Read more about Target Price Matching on Target.com
:: BEST BUY
Best Buy also offers price matching throughout the year. Here are the details:
- Price matching is limited to electronics and appliances.
- The item must be new, identical and immediately available (in-stock)
- The online competitors are limited to Amazon.com, Apple.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, Frys.com, hhgregg.com, HP.com, HomeDepot.com, Lowes.com, Newegg.com, OfficeDepot.com, OfficeMax.com, Rakuten.com Shopping, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, TigerDirect.com and Walmart.com.
- If price matching items purchased on BestBuy.com, find eligible products labeled with a Low Price Guarantee badge found on the product’s description.
- Call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct our representative to the website with the lower price. Or, print the page showing the lower price and bring to a Best Buy store.
- Best Buy also price matches between their stores and BestBuy.com and will also match prices after you purchase if they lower their price within 15 days of your purchase.
- Price matching exclude items on sale from Thanksgiving Day through the following Monday (December 2nd)
- Read more about Best Buy Price Matching at BestBuy.com.
:: TOYS R US & BABIES R US
- The original competitor’s ad is required.
- The price must be valid the date requesting the match.
- Toys R Us will match prices from selected online competitor websites, including Walmart.com, Target.com, BestBuy.com, Sears.com, Kmart.com, buybuyBaby.com, Meijer.com, FredMeyer.com, diapers.com, BabyDepot.com, and Amazon.com (not including marketplace pricing).
- Toys R Us will price match between their stores and toysrus.com.
- Customers have up to seven days to bring in a purchased item for a price adjustment.
- Toys R Us will not match Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday prices or items known to have limited quantities.
- Read more about the Toys R Us price match policy at ToysRUs.com
Personally, I think Walmart has the best price match program. I’ll definitely be taking advantage of the Everyday Price Match on Black Friday to grab some things without running all over town.
Do you have any more Price Match questions? I’m happy to answer them in the comments.