Halloween is the perfect time for getting fun and funky! These DIY pipe cleaner pumpkin glasses are a fun and simple craft that allow kids to create something they can wear and get silly with.
As you can see they only require one type of supply, making them a frugal craft as well. You can find pipe cleaners very inexpensively at the Dollar Store and Craft Store. Take a look below and see how easy it is to concoct your own pair of pipe cleaner pumpkin glasses, just in time for the Halloween season!
- Orange Pipe Cleaners
- Green Pipe Cleaners
- Purple (or other color) Pipe Cleaners
- First, let’s create the lens of the glasses. Take two orange pipe cleaners and loop them into a circle.
- Take a short piece pipe cleaner and make a line between the two circles. This will serve as the bridge that rests over the nose. Twist it firmly around the circles to secure it.
- Take a green pipe cleaner and bend it into a “V” shape. These will serve as the stems on your pumpkins. Hook the V onto the top of each circle or “pumpkin” and give it a twist to secure it into place. You can also bend or twirl the green pipe cleaners to give them a corkscrew effect.
- Can you believe you are already almost done? Now you just need to add the sides of the glasses. Tie a pipe cleaner on to the side of each circle. You will essentially be tying this piece on at 3 o’clock on one and 9 o’clock on the other. This way they are tied on equally on both sides.
- You can then secure the glasses on to your child in one of two ways. You can bend the pipe cleaner over their ears, or for a more secure fit, tie the ends of the pipe cleaner around the back of their head. For smaller children, this second option works best.
Your child is now all ready to show off their spooky new glasses! These pipe cleaner pumpkin glasses are fun to make and so easy. Give them a try and see what you can come up with!