Garlic and Dill Popcorn Recipe
Recently I have been totally obsessed with flavored popcorn. I tried buying the flavored seasonings at the grocery store but they just didn’t taste right. So I started whipping up some of my own popcorn flavor recipes and y’all they are so yum!
One of my favorites is this garlic and dill popcorn recipe. It’s fabulous and super easy to make. Use your favorite popcorn and you’ll have a bowl ready in minutes. I like to do plain air pop popcorn but you can use your favorite microwave popcorn if it’s easier.
Here’s the super simple garlic and dill popcorn recipe:
- *5 C. Popcorn
- 1 tbs. dried dill
- ½ tsp. garlic salt
- 3 tbs. butter, melted
- Pour your popcorn into a large bowl.
- Combine the dill and the garlic salt into one small bowl.
- Evenly drizzle the melted butter over the top of the popcorn and then gently stir or shake the bowl to coat the popcorn with butter.
- Sprinkle the garlic salt and dill mixture over the top of the buttered popcorn. Gently stir/shake the bowl again so that the popcorn is evenly coated with seasoning. Spinkle more or less to taste. I love popcorn salty so I like to really sprinkle it on!
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for 2-3 days.
- *You can use pre-packaged microwave OR make your own in the microwave simply by adding ¼ cup of popcorn kernels to a microwave safe dish (I use a large glass Pyrex bowl), cover with a paper plate and set the microwave timer to about 4 minutes on high. If you've never popped popcorn in your microwave you will want to keep an eye on it so that it doesn't burn. My microwave takes about 3.5 minutes from start to finish. Any longer, and the kernels will burn on me. If your microwave has one, you can try the popcorn setting.
And if you want something a little sweet instead of savory, try this cookies and cream popcorn recipe! And be sure to follow me on Pinterest for more fabulous snacks and apps.