I don’t know about you but anything with salted caramel makes me swoon. That lovely combination of salty and sweet. Yummmm! So today I’m sharing my latest favorite dessert, these Easy Sea Salt Caramel Brownies. I mean, how can you not start drooling when you see them?
I originally made these Sea Salt Caramel Brownies in a jar so that I wouldn’t be tempted to eat the whole pan in one sitting. Plus the presentation is just so pretty to have your own little brownie jar. But if little jars of food aren’t your thing then by all means, just make a pan. I promise, however you serve them, they won’t last long!
The reason these Sea Salt Caramel Brownies are so easy is because I cheat and use a box mix and pre-made caramel sauce. I know. I know. The real deal tastes so much better but when you need Salted Caramel Brownies, you needed them 10 minutes ago! That said…if you did want to make your own from scratch do that, then use your homemade recipes in place of my store bought ones and finish out the steps below. And pat yourself on the back for being Martha Stewart. LOL.
- Prepare Brownie mix batter according to directions.
- Fill each mason jar ¼ full of brownie batter.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 for 10-15 minutes.
- While brownies are baking prepare pudding according to directions.
- Remove brownies and let cool for about 30 minutes.
- When Brownies are completely cool drizzle caramel over the top of each brownie and sprinkle a few drops of salt.
- Next place a layer of chocolate pudding.
- Top with whipped topping and drizzle caramel over the top.
If you aren’t using Mason Jars, prepare the brownies per box instructions for your size pan. Then follow the rest of the instructions above. Usually when serving in a pan, I’ll just add the whipped topping and final drizzle of caramel as I’m serving but you could do it in advance if you prefer.