Don’t you love celebrating Dr. Seuss’s Birthday? If you’ve never celebrated before, get ready! The big day is March 2. Since that’s a Sunday this year, hopefully you have plenty of time to enjoy the day since you don’t have to rush the kids off to school.
For our celebration, we make a snack, read Green Eggs & Ham, watch either The Lorax or Horton Hears a Who, then get some supplies out to whip up a fun craft. This March 2nd we’ll be making these Cat in the Hat Marshmallow Pops. Even if you don’t have anything planned, you can easily add these to your day. They are just 3 ingredients – all of which you can find at your local grocery store.
Have fun making a batch with your little ones!
- 1 package large Marshmallows
- 1 red Fruit by the Foot
- 1 Tblsp. Water
- Lollipop sticks
- Keep the Fruit by the Foot attached to the wax paper wrap. Lightly roll around the marshmallow as a guide. Leave enough to slightly overlap, then cut.
- The Fruit by the Foot is imprinted with three lines of varying sizes. Cut along these lines with a sharp knife or scissors, being careful not to handle too much.
- Wrap one small piece around the top of a marshmallow. Seal with water.
- Repeat with the other small piece along the bottom of the marshmallow.
- Select a similarly shaped marshmallow, and wrap the remaining large piece around the center of it. Seal with water.
- Allow to air dry, then place on lollipop stick.