Dollar Store DIY: Rustic Fall Votive Holder
Candles can really add some autumn ambiance to a room, but not everyone likes the thought of flames. If you are look for a way to add some warmth to a space without the use of real candles, this rustic fall votive holder is the perfect solution. You can make one for just a couple of dollars and in just a couple of minutes. However, the finished product looks like something you would find at a high end boutique. Take a look below at how to make your own. Rustic Fall Votive Holder:
- Mason jar
- Bag of scented, dried, potpourri
- Battery operated votives
We were able to find all of these supplies at our local dollar store. They typically offer the jars in a variety of sizes, as well as potpourri in a variety of scents, so choose something that suits your tastes and needs. For ours, we used the largest jar we could find and a vanilla blend.
- Remove the lip of your mason jar and set aside. If you are giving this as a gift, retain the lid so you can gift it with the lid on.
- Fill the jar about ¾ of the way full with potpourri.
- Place the battery operated votive in the jar. Nestle it in snuggly amongst the blend.
- Add some more potpourri around the votive to hide it, exposing only the flame.
- Tie some optional raffia around the mouth of the jar. You can even add a gift tag or ribbon if you wish. It just depends on your own tastes.
Now all you need to do is light the votive and place it somewhere where it can be enjoyed and admired. Remember, you should only use a flameless, battery operated votive as anything else poses a fire hazard. Head to your local dollar store and give this easy rustic fall votive holder a try!