Dollar Store DIY: Cornucopia Door Hanger
If you are looking for something other than a wreath to decorate your door this holiday season, why not consider a cornucopia door hanger instead? It is the perfect way to add some autumn charm in a way that is fun and frugal. You don’t need a great deal of supplies, in fact a few items from the dollar store is all it takes to make your very own. Take a look!
- Gold plastic Christmas tree cone
- Hot glue, glue gun
- Ribbon Assorted
- Faux Fall Lleaves
As mentioned, we were able to find all of these items at our local dollar store, making this a craft that is not only a cinch but so frugal.
- Turn your cone tree upside down and run a length of ribbon through the sides.
- Join the ends of the ribbon above the cone and fashion them into a bow for hanging. You can add additional ribbon if you wish depending on how full you want the decoration to look.
- Add some hot glue to the top of the cone where the opening now is. Snip leaves from your bunch of faux foliage and press it to the glue.
- Cut longer snips of leaves and place them inside of the cone any way that appeals to you.
Now, all you need is a place to hang your cornucopia. You can hang these on the backs of chairs, on a wreath hook, or even from a mantel. They are a great way to usher in the feel and color of the season. So gather your supplies and see what you can come up with!