Wreaths and Christmas just seem to go hand in hand. If you are wanting a new wreath to adorn your front door, entry way, or mantel, yet don’t want to spend an arm and a leg, why not craft your own instead?
You don’t need to be a crafting professional, nor do you need to spend a great deal of time or money. Instead, just take a look below at how you can make your very own “centsible” Christmas wreath. You are sure to create something that reflects the season that you can be proud of.
- Tinsel Wreath
- Assorted tree ornaments, round
- 1 flat tree ornament
- Hot glue, glue gun
For our sample picture, we used a simple tinsel wreath frame found at our local dollar store. We also purchased a sleeve of gold, round ball ornaments and a flat reindeer ornament. Our total cost for supplies was just $3, not counting the glue we already had. Talk about frugal!
1. Begin by adding a generous dab of glue to the side of your round ornaments. Only do one at a time as the glue dries quickly.
2. Press the ornament to the wreath and press firmly to secure it. Repeat the process, this time adding an ornament next to the one you just placed and working in a clockwise fashion.
3. Stop the process just shy of completing the circle. This space is where you want your flat ornament to go. For our sample, that would be the reindeer, so we were sure to leave a few inches to fit it in. Just apply glue to this piece and press as you did the other ornaments.
4. Apply a dab of glue now between each ornament so they adhere to each other. This will help solidify the piece and make it more durable. Now all you need to do is add some ribbon for hanging!
How darling would this piece look hanging from your front door or mantel? Head to your dollar store and grab the supplies you need for this easy dollar décor craft. It is the perfect way to get ready for the holidays for less.
Don’t miss the other posts in the Dollar Store DIY series and make something awesome for next to nothing! Be sure you also Follow Me on Pinterest for other fun ideas!
Kristina & Millie says
Too cute and I love it is so customizable! We would love if you linked up to our Snickerdoodle Sunday! https://2crochethooks.com/snickerdoodle-sunday-8/
Your wreath is lovely!
How pretty and festive! I love how you added the sparkly gold deer!
What a wonderful wreath. I love seeing what I can find at the Dollar Tree. Wanted to let you know I’m featuring this when my link party opens up tonight. Thanks so much for sharing at The Answer Is Chocolate!