Is icky garbage disposal odor giving you the blues? If so, you need a frugal and natural product to get that disposal smelling fresh and clean. You don’t need to travel far to find this cleaner, in fact you can whip up a batch of it in your very own kitchen! Want to know how?
Take a peek at how to make your own DIY Citrus & Rosemary Garbage Disposal Cleaner. In just a short amount of time and with minimal supplies you already have in your kitchen, you can make your own chemical free cleaner that is easy on our planet and your budget.
- Ice cube tray
- White vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary or 2-3 fresh sprigs
- Assorted fresh lemon and orange peels
1. Begin by filling your ice cube tray with white vinegar. Fill it about ¾ of the way full, just as you would if you were filling it with water. Do not dilute your vinegar with any other liquids, just use vinegar only.
2. Slice up assorted citrus peels such as oranges or lemons into thin slices, then cut in half again to make small chunks. Any citrus peel will do, so use what you already have on hand. Leftover grapefruit peels, lime peels, orange or lemon peels will all work just fine. Use what you already have on hand.
3. Drop the cut pieces of peel into the ice tray compartments. Then, sprinkle a little rosemary into each compartment as well. As noted, fresh or dried works just fine. Again, use what you already have.
4. Place your ice cube tray in the freezer. Allow it to set for about 2 hours or until frozen.
That’s it! Now all you need to do is drop 1-2 cubes into your garbage disposal and turn it on. The ice will be crushed releasing the power of vinegar, citrus, and rosemary. The vinegar and citrus will cut through grime, while the citrus and rosemary will also release a lovely scent.
In no time, you will be enjoying a clean and fresh disposal, and you will be able to do this in a way that is frugal AND natural!