Banishing tub and tile grime can be quite a task. You may think that your only choice for a cleaner shower is to use over the counter products full of harsh chemicals. But the good news is, this doesn’t have to be the case. In fact, you can enjoy a clean and fresh shower without the use of chemicals at all.
Take a look at this simple recipe for Lemon Lime Tub & Tile Scrub, and in no time you can enjoy a cleaner shower with less chemicals and for less cash.
- 1 cup of Washing Powder (Arm & Hammer makes a great variety of this)
- 1 cup of white vinegar
- ½ lemon
- ½ lime
You can double and even triple this recipe as needed if you have a larger area to clean.
1. Combine the washing powder and white vinegar in a bowl. You will notice some immediate fizzing happening. Don’t worry, these bubbles are getting ready to work for you.
2. Add about a teaspoon each of lemon and lime peel gratings. These will release essential oils that will not only add fragrance to your mixture but some grime fighting powers as well.
3. Squeeze the juice of lemon and lime into the mixture. Again, you will observe more fizzing happening.
4. Stir the mixture well. While it is still bubbling, apply it to your tub and tile generously. Allow it to set for 10-15 minutes. Then, using a scrub brush (found at most dollar stores) scrub the mixture into the tiles and onto any especially dirty spots. Rinse the mixture off with warm water.
That’s it! The scent is fresh and clean and your tub and tile are sparkling.
Love this? Don’t miss my Lavender Orange All-Purpose Cleaner. It’s all natural, has no chemicals and smells fantastic!