It’s time for Spring Cleaning! Who can resist the scent of lavender and oranges? Not only do these two ingredients smell so fresh and sweet, but did you know they can also give you a hand when cleaning? Orange is a powerful ingredient when cutting through grease and grime, and lavender will leave a fresh and relaxing scent that your senses are sure to enjoy.
Take a peek at how you can make your own DIY Lavender Orange All Purpose Cleaner to use for all of your cleaning jobs big or small. Not only does it work great, but it is a natural, frugal, and fresh alternative to store bought cleaners.
- (1) Cup Vinegar
- (1) Cup Water
- (1) Tsp Liquid Dish Soap (I use this one)
- (10) Drops Orange Essential Oil from Young Living (Here’s why)
- (10) Drops Lavender Essential Oil from Young Living
- (1) orange, peeled (optional)
1. Combine all ingredients in a mason jar or glass bottle
2. I like to add orange peel if I’m gifting it to give it a fresh fun look. For my own personal use, I leave them out.
3. Apply the liquid to a soft cloth and use as you would any other household cleaner. It works great on counter tops, sinks, toilets, and more!
NOTE: Be sure to test a small area before using everywhere. Some natural surfaces are not vinegar friendly.
You can always double or triple this recipe as needed and depending on the size jar you are using. I like to make small batches at a time and sometimes I use them as housewarming gifts. As you can see, they are quite appealing to the eye and the senses.