This fresh Apple Cinnamon Sugar Scrub is a lovely Teacher Appreciation Gift that you can make at home with a few simple ingredients. Print out the custom Apple Cinnamon Scrub Printable and attach to each jar with ribbon or twine and you’ve got a handful of fantastic gifts ready to go. Perfect for Teacher, Librarian, Coach, Principal and other favorite School Staff. They’ll LOVE it!
If you want a longer shelf life for your scrub, omit the raw apple, add another cup of sugar and use a few drops of Chamomile Essential Oil (it has a slight apple smell). Enjoy!
- Using a small paring knife cut the apple into smaller chunks and puree in a blender or food processor until it is smooth and set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, combine the coconut oil, sugar, apple mixture and 1-2 drop of cinnamon extract (a lot goes a long way) Sprinkle a few shakes of Cinnamon Powder and mix well.
- Add the scrub to Jelly jars.
- Print and cut out the labels and place on the lid; the metal ring will hold the label in place. **For a more rustic look, you could also use a hole puncher to punch a hole in the top of the label – look through with twine and tie around the lid.
- Makes 4-5 4 oz. Jelly jars. The recipe can also be made smaller or larger depending on how much you would like to make.
- Scrub needs to be refrigerated and will last for about 2 weeks in the fridge. If there is any separation simply stir the mixture.
- For soft skin, use scrub on hands, elbows and feet. Rinse well.
One thing I’ve noticed in making subsequent batches sometimes apples are really juicy and sometimes they aren’t. If yours seems really juicy, combine the coconut oil, sugar and cinnamon. Then slowly add the apple mixture. If it seems too wet, squeeze the remaining mixture in a cheesecloth to remove some of the juice.