Mint and chocolate is one of my favorite flavor combinations. This is why I love these Chocolate Chip Mint Cookies. They are that perfect mix of minty-chocolatey goodness. Add in green food coloring and they brighten up a party spread. Or they look festive for St. Paddy’s Day or Christmas.
I like to make them with white chocolate chips but if you want something a little richer, try using semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips. They still keep their mint flavor while adding a little more decadence.
- 1 ½ cups All-Purpose Flour
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ cup Butter, softened
- ¾ cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- ½ teaspoon Peppermint Extract
- ½ cup White Chocolate Chips
- Green Food Coloring (optional)
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and sugar.
- Add in the egg, and butter. Mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Add in the food coloring if desired and the peppermint extract.
- Mix the dough until the color is even.
- Add in the chocolate chips last.
- Drop by teaspoonful onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until the edges of each cookie are slightly brown.
So next time you need a dessert to take to a party or maybe you just need a special treat at home, give these Chocolate Chip Mint cookies a try.