Another school year has begun and that means it’s time to gear up for fundraisers and activities to help benefit our schools. One of my favorite ways to raise money for school is with Box Tops for Education™. I know you’ve seen Box Tops on cereal boxes but do you know what those tiny Box Tops can do for your school?
Box Tops for Education™ is one of America’s largest school earnings loyalty programs with more than 80,000 K-8 schools participating. Each Box Top is worth $.10 for your child’s school and there are no restrictions on the funds. Schools can use Box Tops cash to buy whatever they need. Since the program began in 1996, Box Tops for Education™ has contributed over $525 million to participating schools!
I know you’ve seen Box Tops on cereal boxes but did you know that there are so many more qualifying products than just cereal? Plus for a limited time, you can get Bonus Box Tops on select items at Walmart. You can earn five Box Tops instead of just one when you purchase specially marked items! What better way to kick off Back to School than by featuring these Bonus Box Tops products for each meal of the day.
This one is easy! As I mentioned above you will find a large assortment of Big G Cereals that feature Box Tops. One of the newest (and my kids current fave!) is Star Wars cereal. This particular variety is participating in the Bonus Box Tops promotion so look for specially marked packages at your local Walmart. Pair it with milk and fruit for a fun way to start the day.
Other breakfast ideas featuring Bonus Box Tops:
- On Sunday mornings we like to splurge and make something delicious. My boys love the Pillsbury™ Cinnamon Rolls and my hubby loves the Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Biscuits. He adds a little butter and honey. Delish!
- Also, don’t forget the Yopliat® Yogurt Products feature Box Tops. Yoplait® is probably in your fridge right now so there’s no reason you shouldn’t clip the Box Tops before you recycle the box!
Lunch is a super easy meal to sneak in some Box Tops products. I love to free Yoplait® Go-GURT® pouches and stick them in my kids lunch boxes. They usually melt in time for lunch and if not, my kids think it’s like a popsicle. I also love freezing Go-GURT® tubes because they help keep the lunch cool. Look for Bonus Box Tops offer on 24-packs of Go-GURT® at Walmart.
Other lunch ideas featuring Bonus Box Tops:
- We don’t usually do dessert or treats after lunch but sometimes I’ll toss a package of Fruit Snacks in on Fridays. It’s always a fun surprise and my little guys are always so excited to find them. I always toss one in on the first day of school. Currently we are loving the Betty Crocker™ Minions™ Fruit Snacks. The boys love the shapes. I love the Bonus Box Tops!
- Instead of chips or crackers sometimes I tuck a granola bar in my kids lunch. Nature Valley™ Crunchy Granola Bars not only have Box Tops but I love that there are 2 bars in a package. I can eat both myself or easily split the package between my two boys. It’s the perfect lunchbox add-on.
- If you are home on a weekend and not packing your lunch, Totinos™ Pizza Rolls™ are a great lunch option for kids. The 90-count boxes have Bonus Box Tops and Totinos™ Party Pizzas™ are quick and easy too. Find Bonus Box Tops on the multi-packs!
You might be thinking that dinner would be super tough to do with Box Tops. You might be thinking I’m going to suggest breakfast for dinner, but nope! Box Tops for Education™ has a wide variety of products that even encompasses dinner! One of my favorites is whip up a batch of Pillsbury™ Crescent Dogs. They are a favorite with my kids. I serve Crescent Dogs on evening when my husband is working late and I don’t want to fight the kids to eat. They are also a perfect on-the-go dinner when you are running between sports practices.
Other dinner ideas featuring Bonus Box Tops:
- Another dinner favorite of ours is Taco Night! I think families everywhere look forward to Taco Night. It’s one of the few meals that everyone in our household loves. Did you know that Old El Paso™ products have Box Tops on them? The taco shells and tortillas have Box Tops on them. Check for larger, specially marked packages for Bonus Box Tops.
- There are lots of side dishes that go perfectly with dinner. Betty Crocker™ Specialty Potatoes are a quick easy addition to any meal. Choose mashed, scalloped or Au Gratin. Look for Twin Packs with Bonus Box Tops. Suddenly Salad™ also makes a great meal addition. You can find lots of great Box Tops products to complement your evening meal.
Taking advantage of the Bonus Box Tops Offer, here’s my tally for Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner with Box Tops
- Star Wars™ Cereal – 5 Box Tops
- Yoplait® Go-GURT™ Yogurt – 5 Box Tops
- Betty Crocker™ Minions™ Fruit Snacks – 5 Box Tops
- Pillsbury™ Crescent Dinner Rolls – 5 Box Tops
That’s an easy $2 for our school right there. Now $2 for our school might not sound like much but when you have 400 students contribution over the entire school year, those numbers can really add up! And if you already collect Box Tops or are looking to start, tune in on Tuesday next week. I will show you how to make the easiest Box Top collection box ever!
Head over to Walmart and learn more about Box Tops for Education™ and how you can use Box Tops to help your school!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of General Mills®. The opinions and text are all mine.
Leave a Reply