Can you believe summer is coming to an end? School will be starting soon (if it hasn’t already!) and we’ll start to see fall eats and treats coming into stores. One of my favorite things to eat in the fall is Baked Pears. They are such a simple, classic dessert and just baking them makes the whole house smell lovely.
I have many variations of baked pears but these Baked Caramel Pears are one of my family’s favorites. Just a few simple ingredients and add a little caramel sauce. I use my Crockpot Dulce de Leche but you can use any caramel sauce you have on hand. They are also wonderful without the caramel. I love them with just the oats and sugar. So if you don’t have any caramel sauce, don’t stress!
- Brown Sugar
- Carmel Sauce
- Start by cutting the pears in half.
- Use a de-corer or teaspoon to remove the core.
- Next place halves in a muffin pan so the cut side says upright.
- Place small slice of butter in the hole from the core.
- Then put a tablespoon of oats and a teaspoon of sugar on top per pear.
- Cook at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes.
- When out of the oven drizzle caramel sauce on top. Serve warm.
Serve these up on the next cool evening. Your house will smell amazing and you’ll be so ready to jump right into fall! You can actually do this same exact thing with apples. So if you don’t have any pears, Baked Caramel Apples would be just a nice!
If you are looking for more simple dessert ideas, check out some of my recent posts.
- Classic Pound Cake
- Nutella Rice Krispies Treats
- Lemon Sugar Cookies
- Easy Blueberry Crumble
- Classic Lemon Bars