I bet you just thought Peanut butter was for sandwiches and cookies. I bet you didn’t know that Peanut Butter actually has some interesting and practical uses. Hopefully you don’t have any peanut allergies in your house so you can take advantage of these Unusual Uses for Peanut Butter. I’ve never tried #3 before and am excited to give it a go!
1. Bait Pests – Peanut butter is as tasty to pests as it is to us. Use it on mousetraps and roach motels to draw them in.
2. Ant Bait – Peanut butter can make a great ant bait. Add a teaspoon of borax, ½ teaspoon of baking soda to two teaspoons of peanut butter. Spread it wherever you see ants entering your home. Warning: Do not use near pets or children.
3. Eliminate Odors – Peanut butter is a natural odor eliminator. If that fish you cooked last night is lingering on the pan, rub a teaspoon of peanut butter over the pan. The peanut butter will absorb the odor. Then wash thoroughly.
4. Clean Vinyl and Leather – The oils in the butter are great for cleaning and shining the surface. Use a small amount on a soft cloth and rub in a circular motion. Downside – it will smell like peanut butter. Consider adding an essential oil if you don’t like the scent.
5. Use as Shaving Cream – Visiting family and forgot shaving cream? Check out their pantry. Yes, you can use peanut butter as a stand-in. The same oils that are good for leather are good for your skin.
6. Use it as a lubricant – Again, the natural oils will calm any squeak or get blades/gears moving again.
7. Remove Sticky Residue – Got a label or sticker that won’t come off? Use a small amount of peanut butter to rub off the remaining sticker. This also works for gum in your hair and other sticky messes.
8. Help Medicate Pets – Use a spoonful of peanut butter to hide meds for your pet. Put the pill in the center of the peanut butter. The strong scent and taste make for a great disguise.
9. Fix a scratched CD/DVD – Work a small amount of peanut butter into the scratch and then wipe clean.
10. Fix Furniture Scratches – Peanut butter also works well on furniture scratches. Rub a good amount into the scratch and let it sit for an hour. Buff with a soft cloth.
What is your favorite unusual use for peanut butter? I’d love to hear more fabulous ideas!
Want more great all-natural ideas? Be sure you Follow Me on Pinterest and check out my DIY Ideas Board for more!