I’ll be honest. I’m not a huge golf fan but you better believe I was following along with the Masters this year. It was big news here in because it was Austin, Texas’s own Ben Crenshaw’s final Masters. And then former Longhorn Jordan Spieth shocked the world, setting records and winning the whole shebang.
So that got me thinking about golf. Many of my friends have husbands who play often and that means lots of golf tees and golf balls lying around. So I thought I’d whip up some unusual uses for golf tees for you. If you think those old golf tees have no value off the green, think again!
1. Fill Holes – Have an old screw hole in your wall? Tees make great fillers. Gently tap a tee in to the hole, point first. Cut off tip until flush with the wall and spackle to cover.
2. Use as a Weight – Here’s a great party tip! Use a ribbon to tie a tee to keep helium balloons grounded.
3. Use as a Tie Down – Hold down a picnic blanket – cut a small slit in each corner of a blanket or tarp. Use a tee in each hole to stake down the cloth.
4. Use for Crafts – How about a great craft project? Make a fun frame for your favorite golf player. Glue the tees head to toe along a basic frame or allow the kiddos to decorate that traditional tongue depressor frame.
5. Use in Lieu of Scissors – Use the pointed end of a golf tee to cut through packing tape.
6. Corn Cob Holders – Here’s a fun one: Golf tees are clever and colorful holders for your corn-on-the-cob. Just make sure you clean them first!
7. Mark Steaks – And you can use clean tees to mark your steaks when grilling. Use one color for well-done and another for medium, etc.
8. Tile Spacers – Golf tees make great spacers for tiling projects. Place a tee or two between tiles while placing them out in preparation for grout. Use the top for larger spacing, the point for tighter spacing.
9. Home Improvement Projects – Use golf tees to clear off excess or old caulk.
10. Plug Holes – And while you’re at it, the tee can also work to plug the tip of a caulk tube. It is slim enough to fit in the tube with the wide top to stop leaking.
What is your favorite unusual use for golf tees? I’d love to hear more fabulous ideas!