We are big steak eaters in our house. Not so much for day-to-day meals but special occasions like birthdays and extended family dinners usually involve steak. Stan is always in charge of seasoning the steaks. Sometimes he uses straight salt and pepper and butter. Other times he uses this homemade steak seasoning blend.
We never buy steak seasoning at the grocery store. Why bother when you can make your own! Here’s his recipe for steak seasoning. This is great because you can control all the ingredients. You can cut the salt or swap the sugar for Stevia. Feel free to tweak it and make it your own but I think you’ll be pretty pleased with this as is. We love it!
I’ve packaged this up and gifted it as Magic Rub. If you’d like to try that, the free printable gift tag is below. This would be an easy, inexpensive Valentine for the men in your life: Dad, Grandpa, boyfriend or spouse. You could also use them as party favors for your Super Bowl party.
- ½ cup Paprika
- ¼ cup Kosher Salt
- ¼ cup Sugar
- ¼ cup Cumin
- ¼ cup Granulated Garlic
- ¼ cup Chili Powder
- 2 tablespoons Mustard Powder
- 2 tablespoons Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Cayenne Pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients and gently whisk together. Using a funnel, spoon the mixture into 4oz mason jars. Cover and seal.
- Rub steaks with Olive Oil then, generously coat with Magic Rub Seasoning. Marinate 1 hour before grilling.
Gifting this? Use these Magic Rub Printable Gift Tags.