Don’t you just love berry season? Having so many berries around just makes me happy. We’ve already been strawberry picking twice this year and I’ve been getting creative with recipes so we can try them all kinds of ways. The latest is this batch of Strawberry Chocolate Muffins that I whipped up.
I love these because they have chunks of juicy, fresh strawberries in them. They also have some chocolate which gives the muffins a slight decadence and really makes them standout from the other muffins I typically make. These are really easy to whip up and a great way to use up any strawberries in your fridge that might be on the verge of spoiling.
- 1 cup diced fresh Strawberries
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- ⅛ teaspoon Salt
- 1 Egg
- ¾ cup Milk
- ½ cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- ¾ cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. In another bowl, mix the egg, milk, oil, and vanilla. Pour both bowls together and stir until well blended but do not overmix. Fold in the strawberries and chocolate chips gently.
- Using a muffin scoop, divide the batter into a greased or lined muffin pan. Bake the muffins at 400 degrees for about 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of one of the muffins comes out clean.
- Cool before removing from the pan. Store any extras not eaten right away in the fridge or in the freezer. Makes 12 muffins.
Whip up a batch of these with some strawberries in your fridge. You can also double the recipe! Eat half of them now and freeze the other half for Back-to-School week. It will make breakfast a breeze and oh-so-yummy!
I often get emails asking about the muffin tin. This is an old Ovenex pan. Isn’t it pretty? You can sometimes get lucky and find them at thrift shops or Estate sales. You might also want to check your grandma’s cabinets. If you don’t have any luck, you can see an entire selection of vintage Ovenex pans here.
Looking for more breakfast ideas? Here are some other recipes I’ve shared recently:
- Allergen-Free Pancakes
- Quick & Easy Banana Waffles
- Overnight Blueberry Oatmeal in a Jar
- Strawberry Oatmeal Smoothie
- Perfect Homemade Granola
Love my Breakfast ideas? Be sure you are following my Breakfast board on Pinterest for more scrumptious ways to start the day!