Satsuma is a Japanese citrus with big fragrant flavor. They are in season in late Fall so you should start seeing some great deals at your local grocery store. I thought I would share this fresh take on a classic dish. It would be a perfect side dish for Thanksgiving and would definitely add a unique twist.
- ½ pound green beans
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 satsuma
- 4 Fresh sage leaves
- 2 table spoons extra virgin olive oil
- Thoroughly wash your green beans and satsuma, trim the ends of the beans.
- Zest your citrus so you have long thin pieces of the orange outer peel.
- Heat a pan to medium with olive oil, toss in your green beans and sage leaves.
- Once the beans start to turn a wonderful vibrant green toss in satsuma zest and sprinkle with the sea salt.
- Sauté until they have reached your ideal doneness, serve immediately.
Want more yummy side dishes? Be sure you follow me on Pinterest to see more great side dish recipes and Thanksgiving recipes.