Here’s a fun Fall recipe you can use for Halloween and beyond. These Reese’s Pieces Oreo Pops are so easy to make and really give your table spread that little something extra. I have made these twice and they were pretty easy to make. I’ll be making them again for Thanksgiving I think.
I made these two ways. The first time I made them I used the Double Stuff Oreos that I put in the recipe. The second time, I made them with the Newman’s Own Newman-O’s which are organic and don’t have all the
yummy stuff junk in them like the Oreos do. They tasted pretty close to the same but not quite as sweet due to less stuffing. Though the benefit of the Organic Newman-Os was probably outweighed by the Crisco 🙂
- 6 Double Stuff Oreos
- ½ cup Peanut Butter Candy Chips
- ¼ cup crushed Reeses Pieces
- 1 tsp Crisco
- 6 Candy Sticks
- Twist open each of the Oreo cookies.
- Using the stick, make an indentation in the white filling of each cookie.
- Heat Candy Chips and Crisco by microwaving for 30 seconds stirring and repeating until melted. Allow to cool for 2 minutes.
- Dip stick in melted candy and then insert stick in indentation of cookie.
- Place cookie back together and place in refrigerator to set for 5 minutes.
- After cookies have set, reheat candy for 30 seconds and stir.
- Lay Oreo in melted candy and spoon mixture over cookie to coat completely.
- Carefully remove from candy so the cookie doesn't come apart, and let excess candy drip off.
- Lay Oreo on wax paper. Sprinkle Reeses Pieces on each cookie.
- Immediately place in refrigerator for 10 minutes to set candy mix.
If you are making yummies for Halloween, don’t miss these other recipes: