Nutella Rice Krispies Treats are chocolate gooey goodness! Every summer when I went visit my Grandma in Florida she would whip up Rice Krispies Treats for me and my cousins. I would help her with the melting but, once it was time to pour in the Rice Krispies, Grandma took over.
Her trick was to add butter to her hands when she pressed them into the pan so they wouldn’t stick to her. We made dozens of batches together over the years and I know that she would have adored this version of them using Nutella, hazelnut chocolate. Enjoy!
- 4 Cups Rice Cereal such as Rice Krispies
- ½ to 1 Cup Nutella
- 3 Tbs. Butter or Margarine
- 4 C. Marshmallows
- Grease a 9x9 or 8x8 baking dish and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, on low heat, heat the butter.
- Once the butter is melted add the marshmallows, stirring until melted.
- Once the butter/marshmallow mixture is combined remove from heat.
- Add in the Nutella one spoonful at a time stirring until it melts. Add ½ cup for lighter flavor or up to a full cup for richer flavor. You may need to put it back on very low heat to keep it smooth.
- Pour in the Rice Cereal and stir until well coated with the melted Nutella and marshmallow mixture.
- Immediately pour into the greased baking dish and press the mixture down evenly into the pan.
- Let set and cut into small squares.
- *Makes approximately 20 servings. 1 square = 1 serving. Store in airtight container up to 1 week.