This is a Guest Post brought to you by Serving Up The Skinny.
It’s hot and with triple-digit heat invading many parts of the country it’s the perfect time to turn off the oven and enjoy Homemade Peanut Cups, a family-friendly, frugal recipe.
Our recipe for Homemade Peanut Butter Cups contains just 3 ingredients and makes 12 peanut butter cups.
- 1.5 Cups of Chocolate Chips
- 14 Tablespoons of Peanut Butter (smooth or chunky)
- ⅔ Cup Light Brown Sugar
- Pour chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of peanut butter and nuke in the microwave until the chocolate is melted. Start with 60 seconds and then in 15 second intervals. Don’t scotch the chocolate!
- Line a muffin tin with (12) cupcake wrappers.
- Pour 2 tsp of melted chocolate in each wrapper. Use the back of a spoon to spread the chocolate ¼ inch up the sides. No need to be perfect!
- Put the muffin tin in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes to set.
- Mix 12 tablespoons of peanut butter with ⅔ cup brown sugar. Use more or less sugar depending on your taste.
- Once the chocolate has set, add about 1.5 tablespoon of peanut butter filling to each cup. Put the muffin tin in refrigerator for about 20 minutes to set.
- To top it off, put about 1 tsp. of the remaining melted chocolate to the top of the peanut butter and spread evenly. You want it to touch the sides and seep down a bit to connect with the bottom layer of chocolate.
- Refrigerate for an hour and enjoy!
Serving Up The Skinny was created by 3 sisters obsessed with food, fashion and fitness (or lack there of). Serving Up The Skinny focuses on delicious recipes, with a sprinkle of sarcasm and comedy mixed in. Recent popular recipes include: Kalua Pork Slow Cooker Style, Crockpot French Dip Sandwiches, Homemade Body Scrub and Homemade Skor Bars. Serving Up The Skinny serves it up in style!