This Chickpea Salad in a jar is healthy and loaded with fresh flavor! Chickpeas are a great source of protein, 1 cup has 12 grams. Add in other ingredients to give it more flavor. I used tomatoes and yellow bell peppers. You could also add red onion, celery and some ground black pepper. Whatever you’d like. I love to serve mine in mason jars. It’s pretty and easy to prep and pack salads on-the-go.
Prepare a few jars at once so they’re ready to grab and go! They would be great to take along to a picnic for the adults to enjoy! Try it with Homemade Cracked Peppercorn Dressing for an extra layer of flavor! Delicious and Nutritious!
- 1 C. Romaine
- ¼ C - ½ C. Chickpeas
- 1 Roma Tomato, diced
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper, diced
- ⅛ C. Shredded Cheese, divided
- ¼ C. Ranch Dressing
- 1 large Mason Jar
- Pour the Ranch Dressing into the bottom of your mason jar and begin layering your veggies...
- Diced Bell Peppers
- Diced Tomatoes
- ½ of the Shredded Cheese
- other ½ of the Shredded Cheese
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge 2-3 days.
- Shake it up when you're ready to eat.
- large mason jar = 2 servings.
Looking for more lunch inspiration? Follow me on Pinterest and check out my Lunch Board for more healthy options.