We love ‘finger foods’ in our house, especially when we have guests coming over! These Apple Pie Bites are perfect to make for a quick snack when a playdate is coming over or for a mid-week dessert. You could also cut them into fun shapes with cookie cutters for an upcoming holiday or just to get the kids involved in the kitchen.
For the Caramel Sauce you can try the easiest recipe in the world and make Dulce de Leche in the crockpot. It’s completely foolproof. Or if you must have it right this second, try this Caramel Sauce recipe.
- 1 Package of Refrigerated Pie Crust (2ct)
- 1 21oz Can of Apple Pie Filling
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Water
- Sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a blender or food processor blend apple pie filling.
- Roll out one pie crust and smooth apple pie filling on to crust, leaving a ¼ inch boarder.
- Gently place second pie crust on top of pie filling and press down gently to secure it.
- In a small bowl combine egg and water and beat together to make an egg wash.
- Cut dough into ½ inch strips using a sharp knife or pizza cutter.
- Transfer to a lined baking sheet and apply egg wash to each piece.
- Sprinkle with sugar and bake for 12-15 minutes or until firm.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing from baking sheet.
- Serve with Carmel dipping sauce or a side of ice cream.