We love cupcakes and cookies. Neither last very long at our house. These Easy Cookie Cupcakes look cute with their little cookie on top but have another cookie surprise inside!
Who doesn’t love cupcakes? They are the perfect party food and these Easy Cookie Cupcakes don’t disappoint. They look cute with their little bite size cookie on top but they have another surprise cookie in the middle! Such a fun way to make cupcakes a little more exciting without having to go to too much trouble.
You can use your favorite cupcake recipe but I included mine below because it’s light and fluffy and just a good classic recipe. Definitely a good one to have in your arsenal if you don’t have a favorite already. I also think cream cheese icing is the way to go for these. It’s a little thicker than others and that helps the cookie stay upright a little better.
- 1 Cup vegetable oil
- 2 Cup sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 3 Cup flour
- 2 Tsp baking powder
- 1 Cup milk
- 24 Cookies (I use Oreos)
- 1 Package cream cheese
- 3 Cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Cookies to decorate (I use Mini Oreos)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 2 cupcake pans with 24 cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a bowl mix together the oil, sugar and eggs.
- Add the baking powder.
- Then incorporate the flour and the milk, alternating between the two.
- Divide the batter between the 24 cupcake liners, press 1 cookie in the middle of each cupcake.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until done.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool.
- While cooling, make the frosting:
- Whip up the cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Decorate with a piping bag and top with 1 bite sized cookie.
Now the fun part of this Easy Cookie Cupcakes recipe is that you can use any kind of cookie you want! I used regular Oreos inside with a mini Oreo on top but you could also use Chips Ahoy. Put a regular cookie inside and a mini cookie on top. Now, I’ve never made these with Nutter Butters but you could also give that a try. I would break the big ones in half to put inside the cupcake. The big ones probably won’t fit very well. Then use a mini Nutter Butter on top.
Craving more? Don’t miss my Banana Oatmeal Cookies recipe!