Today I’m sharing a secret with you: This Cranberry Salsa recipe is my go-to holiday gathering dish. I take it to all my holiday parties from about mid-November straight through to Christmas. I’ve also been known to save a few bags of cranberries and make big batches for New Years too. I just can’t get enough!
It’s seriously so simple to make and all the partygoers will be begging you for the recipe, I promise. This Homemade Cranberry Salsa Recipe is full of fresh cranberries which give it a little bit of a tanginess. The veggies give it a subtle crunch, it has a slight sweetness to it and the jalapeno gives it an awesome little kick. Here in Texas we like things hot so feel free to cut back the jalapeno if you need to. It will still be delicious.
When I take this Cranberry Salsa recipe to ladies lunch gatherings, I like to serve with pita chips and I tone down the jalapeno a little. If we’re going to an evening event or football party, I add the full amount of jalapeno and serve with tortilla chips. If I make it for my husband to take somewhere, I always add in a little extra jalapeno. So adjust away so it’s perfect for you!
- 1 bag cranberries
- 1 granny smith apple
- ⅛ medium red onion
- ½ large red pepper
- ¼ large green pepper
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeño
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ⅓ cup apple juice
- Chop the apple, red onion, bell peppers and jalapeño into large pieces and place in food processor.
- Add the bag of cranberries to the food processor.
- Use the food processor to chop and combine the ingredients.
- Move the chopped ingredients to a bowl and add sugar, lemon juice, apple juice and cilantro. Stir together.
- Best if chilled in refrigerator for 2 hours before serving to allow flavors to combine.
- Serve with chips.
Whip up a batch this weekend! I’m sure my Homemade Cranberry Salsa recipe will be a hit in your party circles too. Just don’t eat it all before you get to the party!
If you can’t get enough festive eats and treats, be sure you are Following me on Pinterest! I share all kinds of great ideas on my Christmas board! And don’t miss my other party favorite: Creamy Jalapeno Ranch Dip!