I absolutely love Classic toys. It brings me such joy to see my own kids playing with toys that I loved as a child. I also love that classic toys are making a come back! Ditch the high-tech toys this season and go retro. Here are some of our favorite classic toys that will brighten any holiday and even be played with for generations to come!
1. Mr. Potato Head – What child can resist giving Mr Potato Head two noses and a mouth on top of their head? There are so many possibilities with this little guy. The kids will have so much fun.
2. Classic Red Tricycle – I don’t think there is a more quintessential Santa gift for a little one than a bright red tricycle. We love this one complete with streamers and a bell.
3. Pound-A-Peg – The classic baby gift! My boys loved their pound-a-peg and would play with it over and over. We love the bright vibrant colors and solid wood contruction of this set.
4. Lincoln Logs – Did you know that Lincoln Logs were invented in 1916 by John Lloyd Wright, son of the famous American architect Frank Lloyd Wright? This classic construction toy is beloved by children of all ages.
5. Spirograph – Spirograph is a geometric drawing toy enjoyed by young and old! Use the wheels and rings to make beautiful, swirling designs. The perfect gift for an arts & crafts lover!
6. See ‘n Say – For more than 50 years See ‘n Say has been teaching children animal sounds. Can you imagine learning them any other way than by pulling that yellow lever and watching the arrow spin?
7. Monopoly – The classic board game, Monopoly is perfect for Family Game Night. Race to collect Boardwalk and Park Place and those “Bank Error in Your Favor” cards. Plus it’s probably the only time you’ll laugh when your kids end up in jail.
8. Easy Bake Oven – Every little girl needs an Easy Bake Oven! yes, you can make yummier, less expensive food in your own kitchen with her but there’s something to be said about making it all on your own with only the aid of a light bulb to cook it.
9. Wooden Train Set – Kids everywhere are drawn to train sets. It’s so fun to build your own track configuration and drive the trains. My boys spend hours playing with their trains. It’s the best money we’ve ever spent.
10. Classic Doll – Whether you give American Girl or the less expensive Our Generation Dolls, every little girl needs a doll that looks just like her! Add some Dollie & Me clothes for even more fun.
11. Wooden Blocks – Every child needs a set of basic blocks. We have (and love) this set of colorful, wooden blocks. Let kids use their imagination to create building and towers and laugh when they knock them down and build again.
12. Barbie Doll – Your mom played with them, you played with them and now your daughter can play too. Is there anything more iconic that Barbie? The Barbie Dreamhouse and convertible may have gotten fancier over the years but Barbie herself has never changed!