Halloween is right around the corner and that means school parties, Halloween get-togethers and other spooky gatherings. One sweet treat I love to take to Halloween parties are these Evil Eye Cupcakes! They are oh-so-easy to put together.
One reason I love these is because they start with a basic chocolate cupcake and white icing. So you can buy the pre-made ones from your local bakery if you are short on time and have these decorated in about 10 minutes time. Or if you are up for it, you can bake your own chocolate cupcakes from scratch. Here’s my Basic Chocolate Cupcake recipe if you need it.
As far as the icing goes for the detailing, you can make your own from scratch but by all means, use the pre-made Wilton frosting tubes if you are short on time. I have done this many times and no one will even know you cheated and went the easier route. Once you have your chocolate cupcakes iced and ready to go, here’s how to turn them into Evil Eye Cupcakes!
- Sugar Sprinkled Gummy Candy circles in variety of colors/flavors (like Gummy Lifesavers)
- Pastry bag with medium tip filled with red frosting (or pre-made Wilton tube)
- Frosting bag filled with white frosting (or pre-made Wilton tube)
- Frosting bag filled with black frosting (or pre-made Wilton tube)
- Place the gummy circle in the center of the flat frosted cupcake.
- Place the candy eye in the center of the candy gummy circle.
- Put one drop of black frosting inside of the inner circle of the gummy candy.
- Put one drop of white frosting next to the black dot inside of the inner circle of the gummy candy.
- Make red squiggly lines around the gummy circle to look like bloodshot eyes;
I’m so excited to feature these Evil Eye Cupcakes in The Cupcake Diaries 30 Days of Halloween Series! Don’t miss the other fabulous ideas featured this year!
You also can check out some of my own Halloween ideas too!
- Nutella Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Homemade Pumpkin Butter
- Pumpkin Spice Smoothie
- Reese’s Oreo Pops
- Candy Corn Popcorn Balls