These Dark Chocolate Cherry Hearts are the perfect way to show your Valentine how much you love them! They are so quick to make, you could easily prepare several batches at once and package in cellophane bags. What a fabulous handmade treat!
I used the Wilton Dark Cocoa Candy Melts and the Wilton Red Candy Melts. Those are pretty easy to find at most craft stores. However as we get closer to Valentine’s Day the red ones might be harder to find. You should be able to find Cherry Flavored Oil at Michaels. Or you can grab it pretty inexpensively on Amazon. Same with the mini-heart silicon mold. This is the one that I used.
To decorate you can use red or white sugar sprinkles. I also used white candy melts I had on hand to drizzle across the top. Now, I see other bloggers saying they do the decorative drizzling with a spoon. Honestly, mine look like a preschooler made them when I try to do that so I stick the melts in a pastry bag and do it that way.
These are super easy to make and they look so fancy. I hope you whip up a batch for your sweethearts.
- Dark Cocoa Candy Melts
- Red Candy Melts
- LorAnn Oils Cherry Flavor
- Mini Heart Silicone Mold
- Red Sugar Sprinkles
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt Dark Cocoa Candy Melts according to package directions.
- Add 2-3 drops of cherry flavor to taste, and mix well.
- Fill silicone mold with melted chocolate.
- Tap the mold a few times to settle the chocolate and remove any uneven parts.
- Allow to harden for at least one hour, then remove hardened candy from the mold and set on wax paper.
- Melt a small amount of Red Candy Melts according to package directions and drizzle onto some of the chocolate hearts.
- Add a pinch of sugar sprinkles to others.
- Let harden completely and store at room temperature.
Don’t miss the other Valentine themed items I’ve posted. Plus I’ll have more great ideas later this week!