Baked fruit is such a yummy dessert. It reminds me so much of Fall. This Cinnamon Baked Peaches recipe is the perfect segue from summer to fall. I love the sweetness of the summer fruit but baking them with cinnamon and sugar gives them that perfect spiced fall flavor and fills your house with the most amazing smell. In the Fall I usually just eat baked fruit plain for dessert but in the summertime we live large and often serve this Cinnamon Baked Peaches recipe with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Yum!
Next time you are at the store, grab some peaches. They are typically in season here in Texas until early September. We also have seen great prices on Nectarines this summer. So you can’t find good peaches, swap them out for tangerines. Equally yummy but a little more tart than sweet.
- 5 Freestone Peaches
- 10 tsp Brown Sugar
- 5 tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Split peaches in half and remove stones.
- Place peach halves in 9x13" dish.
- Fill each with 1 teaspoon of brown sugar.
- Cut butter into ½ tablespoon pats and place on top of each peach half.
- In a small dish combine cinnamon and sugar and mix well.
- Sprinkle each with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Love this post? Be sure you Follow Me on Pinterest for some more yummy dessert ideas. I have an entire Desserts board filled with scrumptious treats! Also, be sure to check out some of the other yummy desserts I’ve shared: