I have a few ripe bananas sitting in the kitchen just waiting to be mixed into this Coconut Chocolate Chip Banana Bread. A slice of this yummy bread with a glass of milk makes for a perfect treat!
Since technically it’s banana bread you can have it for breakfast. However the coconut and chocolate chips make it really decadent so you could even have it as a dessert. Personally I like to reserve it for breakfast on a special day. Maybe the first day of school, a birthday or some other special time. Though I have been known to sneak a slice at night when everyone else has gone to bed!
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 stick of softened butter
- ¼ cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 large very ripe bananas, smashed
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup toasted coconut
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325-degrees and grease and flour a 9X5 loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the sugar and butter. Beat in the eggs, then mix in the smashed bananas and oil.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients in another bowl and then add it to the wet ingredients a little at a time. Fold in the chocolate chips and toasted coconut.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 45-55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let the bread to cool for 10 minutes in the pan, before turning out onto a cooling rack.