Why wait until after dinner to have dessert? Kick off your weekend with these Brownie Batter Waffles. Because the only thing better than waffles is chocolate waffles!
Confession: I am not a morning person. Getting out of bed and getting the kids out the door in the morning is rough for me. So when the weekend rolls around I love the opportunity to make breakfast for the family. Of course we usually have healthy options but sometimes you have to make breakfast spectacular and that’s why I’m sharing our recipe for Brownie Batter Waffles.
This is the perfect breakfast for all of you chocolate lovers. Waffles are probably my all time favorite breakfast and it really doesn’t get better than chocolate waffles. These are quick-to-fix and definitely a crowd pleaser.
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- ½ Cup cocoa powder
- ¼ Cup sugar
- ¼ Tsp salt
- ½ Tsp baking powder
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Egg
- ¼ Cup milk
- ½ Cup vegetable oil
- 4 Scoops vanilla ice cream
- Preheat the waffle maker.
- In a bowl, mix the salt, sugar, flour, baking powder, and cocoa powder.
- In another bowl, mix the eggs, vanilla extract, vegetable oil, and milk.
- Add the batter to the dry ingredients and mix until everything is well incorporated.
- Grease the waffle maker with a little bit of vegetable oil.
- Pour ½ cup of batter into the center of the waffle maker. Close and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the waffle make and serve with ice cream.
If you really want to go over-the-top, add some chocolate chips to the batter. That will give you an extra burst of chocolatey goodness in every bite. You can also top with a dusting of powdered sugar or whipped cream. Or you can go broke and serve them with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Mmmm. I know that’s not appropriate for everyday but it combines two of my favorite foods. Perfect for a birthday breakfast if you ask me!
Things You Need to Make Brownie Batter Waffles
Craving more? Don’t miss some of my other Favorite Breakfast recipes!