No Bake Peanut Granola Bars are on our after school snack menu. They’re quick and yummy! Whip up a batch to share before your next play date, This simple recipe is sure to please those little snackers. If you can muster up some restraint and don’t eat them all in one setting. Store them in an airtight container. They’ll last about a week on the counter.
Several of you have asked about Flax Seed. You should be able to find it at your health food store. The Bobs Red Mill variety is carried at most stores. You might be able to find it in your store’s bulk bin. I find it’s just as easy to order it online. This is the kind I get: Now Organic Golden Flax Seed.
You can really make the granola bars delicious by making your own peanut butter. Check out my recipe for Homemade Peanut Butter here. In addition to the creamy variety you need for this recipe, I share recipes for crunchy, chocolate, honey and cinnamon raisin varieties.
- 2 Cups Quick Oats
- 1 Cup Rice Krispies Cereal
- ½ Cup Flax Seed*
- ¾ Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- ½ Cup Honey
- ¼ Cup Brown Sugar
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- Line an 8x8 baking dish with aluminum foil and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine Oats, Rice Krispies Cereal and Flax Seed.
- In a microwave safe bowl combine Peanut Butter, Honey, Vanilla and Brown Sugar. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until melted and smooth.
- Using a spatula or your hands, combine the peanut butter mixture with the dry ingredients.
- Press into the 8x8 baking dish and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, remove from baking dish and cut into bars.
- *If Flax Seed is unavailable you can substitute with an additional ½ Cup Rice Krispies.
Need more Kid Friendly Recipes? Follow Me on Pinterest and check out the Kid Friendly Recipes Board for other great ideas.