Just because someone has food allergies at your house don’t think for one minute you can’t still make allergen-free pancakes! This recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free and even egg free. They are fluffy and perfectly delicious and a must-have for Saturday morning breakfast.
I also love that they are low in sugar that makes it easier to enjoy a whole plateful of them with syrup! If you are a food allergy family you likely already have these ingredients in your pantry. Whip up a batch of these this weekend for a special treat.
- 1 cup all-purpose gluten free flour
- 1 Tablespoon Flax Meal
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 cup Rice or Coconut Milk
- In a small bowl, mix the flax meal with a small amount of the milk and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, salt, sugar, applesauce, and coconut milk.
- Add in the flax meal and mix.
- Add in the baking powder last and mix until incorporated, do not overmix.
- Let the mixture stand for one minute before cooking.
- Pour ¼ cup of batter onto a hot griddle, let the pancakes cook on one side until bubbly and then flip and cook the other side.
- Pancakes are done when they are browned on both sides.
- Serve with fruit, maple syrup, or your favorite toppings.
For more yummy ideas, be sure to Follow Me on Pinterest. I even have a popular Gluten-Free Board you might want to follow!