With the Big Game right around the corner it’s time to start thinking about appetizers and snacks that are party friendly and travel easily. Cheese balls are always a hit at parties and today I’m sharing my favorite version: a delicious Bacon, Pistachio Goat Cheese Ball.
This is really delicious and the flavors really meld well together giving this tasty appetizer a unique flavor. I love pairing the creaminess of the cheese with the crunch of the bacon and nuts. This Bacon, Pistachio Goat Cheese Ball is really simple to make.
The trick to really making it flavorful is to add a little of the pistachio/bacon mixture to the actual cheese spread. This is especially nice when you get to the middle and the yummy, crunchy sides have all been eaten. Having that little bit of crunchy, savory goodness is what really sets this apart.
- 4oz Softened Cream Cheese
- 8oz Softened Goat Cheese
- ½ cup Pistachios
- ½ cup Bacon (about 6 slices)
- Cook the bacon making sure to make it crispy.
- Combine softened cream cheese and goat cheese in a small bowl
- Add ⅓ cup pistachios and ⅓ cup bacon to a food processor and pulse until crumb finely chopped. Set aside.
- Add remaining pistachios and bacon to a food processor and pulse until minced. You do not want large pieces.
- Add the minced pistachio/bacon mixture to the cheese blend and still well.
- Form cheese into your desired shape.
- Roll in the chopped pistachio/bacon mixture until the ball is thoroughly covered.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.
My new favorite crackers for snacking are Blue Diamond Nut-Thins. These crunchy crackers are from a blend of rice flour and almonds. This means they are gluten-free and perfect for those savory cravings. Nut-Thins have 3 grams of protein per serving and zero grams of sugar. This surprisingly delicious snack can be found at Walgreens.
These savory little crackers are the perfect companion to my Bacon, Pistachio Goat Cheese Ball. Their nutty flavor really helps balance the richness of the bacon and cheese. You can find Nut-Thins in a variety of flavors but the Hint of Sea Salt variety is my favorite.
Plus, right now there is a $1 off Nut-Thins coupon that’s redeemable at Walgreens stores. I even have a special link so you can print it right here. Bonus! Be sure to check your Valpak envelopes to get an additional Nut-Thins coupon. These are available in select areas.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Savings.com and Nut-Thins. All opinions are 100% my own.